Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ummmm, peanut butter ants

Tonight I opened our ultra-precious jar of Skippy peanut butter and found it teaming with ants. And so I scooped out what little I could and went right on ahead with my PB crackers. Kim yelled at me for wasting too much peanut butter, so she used her fingers to dig through what I’d taken out and picked out just the ants. It reminded me of the time we were making no-bake oatmeal cookies and there were ants everywhere in the oatmeal box, but we poured it in anyway.
I guess real missionaries eat bugs.
(Sorry, mom.)

1 comment:

  1. Someone once told me that there was a way to distinguish how long you'd been in the missions-field:
    1.If a bug flies into your water, and you just empty the cup, you haven't been around too long - you're still level 1.
    2.If a bug flies into your water, you pick it off with your fingers, and continue drinking the water, you're level 2.
    3.If a bug flies into your cup, you completely disregard it and just continue drinking, that's when you know you've arrived at level 3. ;)
    Ants should be a great source of protein though! :P

    ReplyDelete