Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well Dung, Good and Faithful Servants!

Today Kimmie and I re-poohed one of the outside walls of our house.
And, yes, I do mean with a mixture of mud and cow dung.
(Sorry, Grandma.)
It was probably one of the most fun mornings I’ve had here in Husa. I actually wish Kimmie could tell you the story of how they got the cow dung, because it’s way funnier when she tells it. Let’s just say it was an experience.
(I took some video for ya’ll, so you can look forward to that next time around.)
Some of our friends in the village helped us collect the mud and the dung, and one of them taught us how to mix and smear it.
We were covered in dung up to our elbows.
And, after a little fight, up to our noses.
So gross.
But so great.
I’ll let the pictures tell the tale.
What you don’t see in them, however, is Davitica (the lady there) constantly yelling at me about how HORRIBLE I was at smearing. Ugh. Unfortunately it was really true.
The whole village got a big kick out of the two idiot Americans covered in pooh. Actually, the whole of the mountain got a big kick out of it—wherever I went today, people were asking me about Ohudo and me mudding the house. News travels fast here.



No comments:

Post a Comment