Yesterday, at OHS, I subbed for a chem teacher.
The students watched “Charlie Brown and the NASA Space Station.” A Snoopy movie.
This is advanced chem, might I add.
(To their credit, though, the kids were also working on some sort of molecular equations... but, still...)
But that I simply got to show this movie—for four periods, with increasing enjoyment in each showing, to be sure—afforded me a lot of time to study.
I was able to work through the entire Affirmation of Faith from Desiring God, a quality ministry that’s blessed me with good spiritual eatin’ since I first became a Christian. I was going through the Affirmation of Faith—basically a boiled-down, straight-forward “Here’s what we believe” from DG—for a couple reasons, but really came away with a firmer hold on and deeper understanding of my own faith.
It’s really just a compilation of the basics, you see—and it was just so great to get back to the basics.
And get back to meditating on the basics.
Rejoicing in the basics.
Savoring the basics.
Good stuff, indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment