Today I got mildly uncomfortable in my house, so I cranked up the air conditioning.
Uh huh… and I’m moving to Africa.
Proof once again that God doesn’t bother staying within the bounds of our comfort zones.
Speaking of comfort, I’m feeling a lot better this week. And since I quit working fulltime, it’s kind of a strange situation, not having to live nocturnally and read silly amounts of sporting news.
Since I’ve been itching less, I’ve had to find other things to do with my hands—one of those being opening all the packages for the silly gadgets I bought for Africa. Can we talk about all that plastic packaging? I had to break out my sweet Leatherman do-it-all… thing (another Africa purchase) and cut and saw away at things. It’s ridiculous. You’d think the packaging people were afraid my CompactFlash drive was going to spoil. Or grow legs and escape. I contemplated buying some dynamite and blowing the suckers open. It was that bad.
Clearly, it’s a conspiracy.
But, whatever, I got to use my sweet Leatherman do-it-all… thing (yes, that’s the technical name for it), which makes me happy. It’s funny how these Africa purchases keep coming in handy. Like my headlamp… thing (also technical name)? I’ve totally used that to read in bed.
Go ahead, get that great mental picture of me with an awkward light source on my head, pouring over my latest John Piper book or my Bible. You laughing? I hope so.
Good news from my stateside teammates -- they're all fully supported, too! Wow. I can't even fathom it. A few weeks ago, Kim was sitting at like 15% or so. That's just nuts. Nuts. God's really good. Just as good as he'd be if he didn't bring all the support. But, still, really, really good.
I started a DVD today called Amazing Grace. It's a four-hour film about the history and theology of Calvinism. Are you drooling yet? It's pretty sweet. Mark and I only got through a little bit of it, but I'm anxious to watch the rest. I want to see what these crazy Calvinists are all about. ;)
"O God, command what you wouldst, and grant what thou dost command." -- Augustine
No comments:
Post a Comment