Hey gang. It's been a while since I've posted on here. I can use only a lack of time as my excuse—I certainly have had a lot to share.
I'm finally in Pearl River, NY, at the Africa Inland Mission U.S. headquarters. I had a funny time getting here--I had a two-hour delay in Chicago, my luggage popped open on the plane and I had one of those horrible seats that doesn't recline!--but I'm so happy to finally be on my way.
A few things of note...
- My roommate and teammate Jen packed WAY more than me, so I'm feeling pretty darn good about my bags that are 10 pounds under weight and not bulging open. (Happy dance.)
- I finally got to meet another one of my teammates, Kim, and she seems ultra cool. Couple that with my recent fun conversations with The Aussie (aka: Craig), and any fears I had about being with all stodgy Christians have been squelched.
- Leaving hasn’t really sunk in yet, but tonight at lunch I had a “Wow, I’m really a missionary” thought, so perhaps reality will eventually come upon me. I can’t tell if this is God is keeping me calm or me just being too tired to think/feel/function properly. (I haven’t had much sleep at all in the last few days… or weeks.)
Perhaps I’ll update more later. Thanks for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment