Monday, October 30, 2006

Heading Back Home

Oh, wow, so it’s been a long time since I’ve posted up here. And I’ve got a lot of grief from the home front about being in a city—where there is presumably more access to email and electricity—and updating less than I have from the bush. So, yeah, I apologize for that. We’ve been in Nairobi for the last bit, but our program here as been really intense—we had some medical issues on top of the already thick schedule of meetings and buying supplies. But here I am now, writing from the beautiful mountains in Tinderet , Kenya . We’re headed back to Sudan —a three-day trip on some pretty terrible roads. The first leg of our trip brought us here to a Diguna station—about a six hour drive from Nairobi in Steve’s LandRover, a ten hour trip in the 10-ton truck. Guess which one I was stuck in. ;)

We’re supposed to start another leg of our journey tonight, but I’m suddenly not so confident that’s going to happen, as the LandCruiser we came here to pick up and drive home in was just towed by behind another vehicle. I guess the test run didn’t go so well. Hmm. I guess we’ll see!

Anyway, since I’m here now with my laptop and a bit of time, I’ll do my best to let you know how things are going…

No comments:

Post a Comment