Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Pictures

This one is mostly for Jen’s dad. This is her, pigging out at 748 in Loki. Your daughter is hardcore. (Steve thought this picture was necessary.)


broken down
This was a common sight, all the fellas gathered under the hood of the rebuilt Cruiser.

broken down, broken down… again, long travels
Our journey was long and hard. This first picture is of Heinrich having to get the first LandCruiser up and going again after something went awry with the brakes. Whoops. This was on the way out of Sudan .


long travels
This is Annikia, the school helper, and I in the back of the kaput LandCruiser. We shared the back with lots and lots of vegetables, which is good, because we got pretty hungry on our 20 hour, trouble-laden trip from Tinderet to Loki. I hope you’re digging my hair. That’s what lots of hours with hard wind in your face will do to you. I’m not ashamed. We were so dirty and gross after that trip. I woke up after a little nap, covered in a thick layer of dirt. So disgusting.

the river, Kenyan crossing
We hit this sweet river just before the border of Sudan . There’s not much you can do in these situations—either you wait or you try to do through. Since we’re hardcore, we just went through. J That’s the view from the top of the cabin after Dan and I had already crossed in the big 911 truck. Then there are a bunch of Kenyans piled in the back of a (very brave) truck. It was seriously so weird to see the trucks swimming through the water. I now know what that funny snorkel thing coming from the engine is for. I love hardcore cars.

a little stuck
Sometimes even the best of us fall to rivers. Steve and Co. didn’t quite make it. J

No comments:

Post a Comment