Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Keep a’prayin’….

Well, Steve hopped a plane for Nairobi today, on account of him being sicker than a dog.
In fact, he must be sick something fierce, because never in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought he would be on a plane out of here. But he’s been hammered by a fever—it comes and goes, and comes back hotter each time—and body pain, looks pretty much half dead most of the time these last few days. And all the malaria tests say no. You wouldn’t know it if you saw him—he can’t seem to get a moment’s rest—but I guess he’s been a little delirious and would have his legs suddenly stop working. Weird. Like I said, though, the idea of Mr. Hardcore being airlifted… pretty wild.
Anyway, pray for him—safety in travel, a calm mind/heart about his family and team back here and, of course, a quick diagnosis and healing. And pray for Iris and the kiddos and our team, here without our fearless leader (yet, rest assured, completely capable and fine).

No comments:

Post a Comment