Friday, August 17, 2007

Maritime Merry-time

So, we’re back from Malindi.

Some highlights?

Craig, Kim and I went out into the Indian Ocean in these canoe/kayak things one day—Craig in his own boat, us in a double. The waves were a little rough. Daniel quite enjoyed the show from the shore, of Kimmie and I trying to pull that stupid kayak past the breaker so we could get in it and paddle. The problem was, we were just laughing too hard. The hotel water sports guy eventually informed us that we shouldn’t laugh, that this wasn’t a joke, and that the waves certainly weren’t laughing. Duly noted. (No one died in said seafaring adventure.)

Otherwise, the majority of our time we spent eating ice cream and drinking Diet Coke (curious combination) and basking in the sun’s rays. Daniel ridiculed me when I told him I always feel healthier when I have a tan (this pale body hadn’t seen the sun in 14 months!). I suppose he reacted this way because I was actually sick the whole time, writhing after every meal. But, still, it stands: I feel healthier when I have a tan.

And I'm doing my darnedest to get some posts up here with some pictures. But the internet situation is sketchy, so I'll do what I can, when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment