Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Preschool update…

I’d hit a bit of a wall in the preschool area.
Daniel was in and out so much last unit—with bringing in the families or doing other errands—that he didn’t help me much with the building aspect of things. And on the curriculum side, I got completely overwhelmed, wondering how in the world I’m going to use what I have here (read: nothing) and plant a nursery school that the Lopit can take ownership of and continue.
But while we were in Kenya, Cath talked with me about coming alongside me on it. She broaden my narrow vision of just a school building to include a place for Sunday school as well, or a place we could do other kid (or even adult) functions. Duh, Andi.
So, I’m excited again, and I’m feeling like it is more manageable now, certainly since Cath has committed to working with me two days a week on the building part of things, and I’m sure she’ll kick ideas around with me about curriculum and things.
Also, something to pray for. One of her friends might come in December. She’s an artist, and we’d love to have her paint on the walls and things. And, even better, Cath wants to ask her other friend to consider coming. She worked with Cath at a school in South Africa and basically started the preschool program there, in a place with similar situations to this one, from what I understand. So, that would be a HUGE help to me and, ultimately, to the kids here. So, please pray that God would make a way for these ladies to come serve here with us, if even just for a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment