I should add that I'm not in danger where I am in Nairobi. I don't want any of you good folks at home a'worryin' for no reason.
It seems the worst of the chaos has passed in town, and most of the stuff you're hearing about is probably happening up country or in parts of the city I'm not in.
I think the biggest danger I face is that of death by boredom.
Yes, boredom.
It's become alarmingly clear that I have almost no friends in Nairobi. Outside of Chanda, of course. And I spend about 97% of my day just hoping that he will call or stop by. That's truly pathetic.
Tomorrow is Saturday, when boredom can be particularly lethal. So be praying. :)
Hi Andi,
ReplyDeleteYes, we'll be praying for you...hope things get better so you can cut your own 'goat'!! Hey, just trying to be upbeat and a poor attempt to be funny...pain is not fun....wishing you well...
Carol & Chuck