Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Foul language...

This medical clinic stuff has been pretty hectic.

 

The tension can get high; the temptations to frustration, overwhelming.

 

Jen and I were in the midst of it yesterday afternoon, playing pharmacists in this tiny, dark back room. People were people plugging up any light and fresh air from the small window with their faces and reaching hands.

 

I could tell Jen was at her limit, working since morning without a break.

 

I was near there, too. Quite sick of the yelling people.

 

Then… God gave me a little bit of sheer happiness.

 

You see, once we filled the prescription, Jen would yell out the person’s name in her best Lopit, so they’d come pick it up.

 

My head was buried in mebendozole or something, and I hear Jen bellowing behind me…

 

“Omura Nang! Omura Nang!”

 

She’s yelling this, reading it only as a name.

 

“Omura Nang!!!”

 

Growing increasingly annoyed as the person doesn’t answer.

 

“Omura Nang! Omura Nang?!?!”

 

And I completely lose count of my pills, and nearly lose it.

 

Because Jen doesn’t realize it yet, but what she’s actually yelling, literally, is…

“I stink! I stink!!!”

 

And of course I didn’t tell her, because if you know Jen, you know she might have exploded on me. But, wow…

 

“I stink?!?!?”

 

I stood there for a while, wondering who could be so clever as to do that. Certainly not a Lopit—they just don’t do humor, at least not in that way. That’s straight out of the Simpsons.

 

Poor Jen’s standing there, yelling that she stinks.

 

Oh man. Yeah… still funny.

 

(Upon further investigation—asking Kim, who did the registration—apparently that is really the kid’s name, Omura Nang. Absolutely hilarious.)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment