Monday, May 05, 2008

Pleading in prayer...

To be honest, I’m not very good at praying.

It’s definitely my weakest spiritual discipline.

For shame, for shame—I know.

But I’ve been working on it. Been sitting down every night and just praying and praying for two very specific things, one of which is seeing God work in these mountains.

I pray and pray for God to work. To just work. To do something. To move these people, this culture.

I beg. I plead. I throw it all on Him, because I know He can handle it.

He doesn’t get frustrated with not seeing change, because He is the change and will work the change when and how he wants to. He doesn’t get frustrated with time, because He’s timeless. He doesn’t become impatient, because He knows exactly when and how things will go down. He isn’t ever tempted to think that this culture is just too strong to penetrate, because He can’t falter and not trust His own sovereignty—He knows He’s all-powerful.

I know my prayer life—this outcropping of my dependence on God for all things—should be in proportion to my conviction that He is LORD.

And so I’m trying to catch up. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment