I was driving home tonight after a long weekend in Champaign—a late Friday night, Homecoming and Babe Barn (senior roommate) reunion ‘til late, late Saturday and a full-on day of being at Stratford Park and catching up with people—and I was musing a bit to myself about how great of a weekend I’d had.
It was exhausting, yeah. And a bit stressful. But still—really, really good.
Seven of our ten roommates were there to trounce around campus and invade our old (now-crumbling and beer-drenched) house. This was the first BB reunion I could make after all this time, so it was extra sweet. And we’ve got our first Barn Baby on the way! Wee!
I got to see a really good old friend, randomly.
Speaking at SPBC was encouraging and revitalizing. (Can you say that about something other than hair products? “Revitalizing”?) And, in general, just such a good, good time.
It seems like maybe God is thinking about bringing some new folks on to my financial partner team. And people are just so darn supportive, I can’t get over it. They really care. No, really. I can’t get over it.
I got to spend a short but quality time with the kiddos, over a game of Wii bowling. (Kyla beat me handily. She’s four. As in, I’m 21 years her senior. And have actually bowled in real life. Sigh.)
Kim and Pattie both wore down the battery on my cell phone this weekend—each, in their own ways, easing the ache of my recent wave of culture shock and missing Lopit.
So there I was, further wearing out my stretch of I-39, and thinking about all this. And I was trying to put it to words in my head and in my conversation with God. Sort of grinning a bit and feeling alive.
Finally I thought—oh! This is it! This is fullness of life! How absolutely neat!
And, yeah, like I said—it was exhausting and stressful and overwhelming at times. And, sure, this is just a teensy glimpse of all that we can have in Christ.
But, I dunno, still a really nice moment for me there, on I-39, enjoying the many blessings of a weekend in Chambana, in Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment