Earlier tonight, I wolfed down a peanut butter cup Blizzard.
Eric drove me to it. He dared to tell me he was going to enjoy—alone!—the ice cream we bought—together!—the other day, which we haven’t had a chance to break out yet. So obviously I had to climb into my parents SUV in my pjs and drive to DQ.
And, besides, I deserved it. You see, Mom and I got a lot done today in all things The Big Event.
And, when you consider I don’t have a clue about what it means to plan a wedding, getting anything done is quite an accomplishment.
Here’s the deal: I’m just not That Girl. You know, the one who has had her wedding planned since first grade. That’s simply not me.
So I’ve been trying to feel my way through being a bride-to-be. But I’m still pretty clueless. In fact, one of the main ways I get by is through imitation. For example, mom and I went to this bridal expo the other day, and I could hardly focus on the vendors, through all the brides. I like to watch them, to see how it is exactly that I should be acting.
There’s a crowd of rock-toting ladies at the flowers table. Oh, well then, I’d better look there, too. Flowers must be important. Hmm, and look there—lots of Cloud Nine’s parked around the salon’s table. Don’t want to miss that one. Seems we might as well be wearing badges that say our date and colors. I’m sorry, I need colors? What? And a date? How about less than two months from now? Too soon? I needed to order a dress how long ago???
Trying to fit in ‘round these parts just isn’t easy for a gal like me.
But, alas, we did make some progress today. (Apparently, my mom has been planning on planning my wedding for quite some time…)
And I might just be a bride, yet—flowers, fancy salon ’do, colors and all.
Yo! I just read your last couple blog entries and yeah, girls like to know the details on things like engagements. Congrats! Well, while I'm off in Kenya, I'll be praying that you can tie up all those loose ends of wedding planning. You should totally contact Kelly (from Torit) she's like an expert wedding planner.
ReplyDeletepeace fatsnax.