Friday, December 15, 2006

Mean case of malaria (or something)

Well, after four days of headache, body ache and stomachache—including a 11-hour drive in a hot truck with a 103 or 104 fever—I’m finally feeling a bit better and starting to eat again. Wow. I don’t like getting sick in the bush.
Something is going around our team, something a little like malaria but a lot like misery. So please pray for us, as the weather gets hotter, the water runs out and our bodies run down!
I’m glad to be feeling better. Since I was gone in Loki for a few days (we got stuck there on a supply trip because no trucks could get into town to stock the shack stores) and then half-dead in bed for a couple days after that, the kids went nuts yesterday when I dragged myself to the door to greet them. Talk about funny. Little Francis’ eyes got all wide and his grin got wider, then they all stampeded toward me, greeting me and asking me how I was. I guess some of them thought I’d stayed in Loki because I was sick. The village rumor mill is out of control sometimes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment