A little prayer request for you.
We’re starting to think now about what our formal ministry will be in February. Please pray that God will show me what I should be doing, as I’ve got some ideas but nothing definite. I’ve talked with Steve about putting together some kind of Lopit newspaper—he says they’re wonderful ministry tools. Imagine, a Christian newspaper! The problem is, I’d have to be paired with someone else’s ministry. Kimmie might be working on translation stuff and nailing down how to spell things in Lopit and use a Lopit alphabet. And then not many people know how to read the Lopit that there already is. So someone will have to be teaching—maybe Pattie! We’ve also thought about putting a transmitter up on the mountain and doing a radio ministry. Someone came in at some point and gave out hand-crank radios, so the people listen to them in the villages. Unfortunately, they’re getting bad Islamic influence on them from the North. So a Christian replacement would be nice!
Anyway, please be praying! I would love to work with the children as well. I feel like I’m going in a million different directions!
No comments:
Post a Comment