I love the smell of rain.
And I love the saturated colour Lopit takes on when it’s raining.
And, I will admit, I sort of love that a good soaking muffles the village activity a bit. Normally frantic and constantly a-buzz, our paths and compound get much more calm when it’s raining.
Sure, sometimes Francis & Co. come over to dance and yelp in the big drops falling on our front rocks, or to play in the overflow of our water tank. And, yes, a lot of times our friends will rock up, soaking wet, to partake in that extra water as well, filling their jericans and popping inside for some hot chai.
But sometimes the rain offers me moments like this one, where I can sit at my desk, sip my hot chocolate, watch the puddles form and the clouds roll, and enjoy in relative quiet the weather and Word of my Maker.
No comments:
Post a Comment