Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Beating boredom...

Sometimes working at a preschool can get a bit mundane.

The endless barrage of “Mrs. Bjerkaas, he hit me!” “Mrs. Bjerkaas, can you button my pants?” “Mrs. Bjerkaas, I have to go potty.” “Mrs. Bjerkaas, she told me to shut up.”

Etc., etc., etc.

So sometimes—especially while I’m sitting outside watching the kids defy certain death on the playground—I have to find ways to entertain myself.

(Lest I become stupider. And forget how to interact with adults. And so forth.)

It wasn’t long before I came up with the “What will the kids grow up to be?” game. That was fun. But pretty cliché. And not altogether captivating.

But then I came up with a much better game—trying to imagine what my husband was like in preschool. Oh, yeah, lots of fun. I compare him with the kids and see which traits I thought he displayed then. It’s also fun to play using Kimmie. Or my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment