Saturday, May 09, 2009

Saturday scavenging...

It’s Saturday afternoon, and I’m scavenging for food.

All my searching as led me to the single variety of processed food we have in this trying-to-be-organic-and-healthy house—chips and salsa. Eric is on the phone with the insurance guy getting all our renters stuff worked out, and he keeps flagging me away from the chips and to the fridge, which—I’m sure he intends to suggest—is full of good-for-me-food.

Such is life here in the Bjerkaas household.

I thought Saturday mornings were for pancakes and sleeping in. But someone needs to tell my husband that, as he shot out of bed before seven this morning and was soon blazing through the morning paper with unnatural tenacity.

And so I’ve worked up an appetite (for chips and salsa, not healthy snacks—whine) as we’ve been checking things off our to-do list like crazy.

I just wish sleeping in could have made the to-do list.

But, at least I got my pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!4:04 PM

    "And so I’ve worked up an appetite (for chips and salsa, not healthy snacks—whine) as we’ve been checking things off our to-do list like crazy."



    Does that mean you're PREGNANT??? Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete