Well, the fellas are still in Kenya. Daniel and Craig are waiting on replacement parts for the UNI-MOG and Martin is… somewhere…. with the fire engine. I tell you, it’s a little weird around here with hardly a team about it—the Kenyan family is waiting on their baby in Kenya still; Heinrich, Doris & Co. remain in Germany; and the boys are it seems forever delayed in Kenya. Blah.
It’s also strange because we’re running on the bare minimum here. All our luggage and supplies are on the back of the broken truck in Loki. Pattie, Kim and I came here with our traveling clothes on our backs and 2kgs of potatoes. The potatoes are gone; the clothes have been washed again and again. The team as a whole (or this depleted part here in the Hills) is out of sugar and our other stores are going. Our Husa stock things (rice, flour, etc.) are full of bugs. In fact, somehow our flour container has moths flying around in it. How weird is that? Really weird.
Don’t think we’re starving. Not at all. It’s just strange, being here with just the four other girls and Stephan & Co.
We were blessed by a visit from Hannah and Kurt again, which was cool. (They’re the ones who brought us cheese long ago.) They came up for tea and stayed for hours. Again, their perspective was invaluable. Again, their words encouraging. I really enjoy them.
Oh, and I ceremoniously tore up our yard the other day, in honor of it being the first day of my life as a farmer. My friend Jesse sent me back with some amazing Pioneer corn seed (it’s not illegal to bring seed to Sudan) and Jen ever-so-kindly shared her other types of seeds with me. I have high hopes of growing a garden fit for a king. Actually, I just have high hopes for having fresh vegetables more than once every six weeks. So pray for my gardening!
Aaaaand pray as I struggle to begin my formal ministry, whatever that will be. I’m setting up meetings now with Pastor G; I met with the headmaster today to talk about teaching and I’m waiting on this guy Mark to get back so we can talk about the preschool. Heinrich shares my vision for the Lopit printing press, so I pray that will actually happen once he gets back.
Well, that’s really all I’ve got. Just pray for the truck, getting it fixed and getting things back here safely. Pray also for our team as we begin a new unit (hopefully soon) and another long stretch here.
No comments:
Post a Comment