Toromile. ("Car.")The girls, enjoying a coke (and each other) in the LandCruiser. Notice I'm wearing longsleeves. It's part of an on-going mental battle I've waged against reality. I wear warm clothes and try to convince myself it's not that hot, so when it is really, really hot I'm more comfortable. I'll let you know when I have conclusive evidence for whether it works or not.
Filling up this machine takes about forever, especially when Daniel has to fill up the extra drums for back home. It's pretty hardcore. I informed him Americans would probably not go for him climbing like a money on their gas pumps. He informed me the same would be true of Germans. God bless Africa.
Akafini Oudo nang. ("Oudo--Kim--carries me.")Kim and I decided it'd be best if I rode on the bonnet from now on. Apparently, "bonnet" is European for "hood." They also "hoot" with their "hooter," as opposed to "honking" with their "horn." I love the "No Hooting!" signs. Anyway, Mama Pattie killed our riding-on-the-bonnet idea right as we developed it to this point, so I guess I'll be riding inside. (Or on the roof rack, if we can distract her so she doesn't realize it.) Kim also plans to drive... with such a nonchalant approach as her face here reflects.
We really need to get back to Lopit before we go crazy.

No comments:
Post a Comment