It's Thursday afternoon here.
Daniel has been under the 'MOG for a while and informs me he's taken out the broken part and ordered a new one from Nairobi. It will, Lord willing, come tomorrow on a plane with one of the DIGUNA guys.
Sigh. So at least another day here, if not two. I'm sure God has got some reason for all this. Maybe I'll ask him someday.
Please pray for the team, as we continue on in close quarters and at high stress levels. No one has killed anyone yet, but money is starting to grow tight (it's expensive to be out of the bush) and we only have a couple changes of clothes. I know, we're really roughing it, right?
Oh, and Craig just informed me the diff-lock on the LandCruiser is busted and will also need to be tended to before we leave. Hahaha. This really is a botched trip!
Keep praying!
AND! My dad says my blog about my bike made it sound like my BIKE was mangled, not the bike BOX. The bike is fine. I actually put it together and rode it around DIGUNA for a while. In flipflops, though (they're all I have), so all I could think in my head the entire time was my father's voice from childhood, telling me how bad that is and telling me the story about how my Uncle Bill almost lost his toes doing that... Funny how things like that still haunt you across many years and oceans. ;)
Anyway, the bike is fine. Just needs a little tweaking and breaking in. The stuff I'd packed with the bike to keep in place, however, was lost. The much-anticipated denim jumpers (perfect Lopitland clothes) I searched for so long in the States and the pajama and workout pants I was so excited about getting from home. *sigh* That's just life, I guess!
OK, I'm out. It's hot and I need to find a piece of shade I can lay motionless in.
No comments:
Post a Comment