Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Long overdue pictures...



Since it's been a while since I've been able to post pictures, I figured I'd take time to do that now, as I wait for my flight. Hope you enjoy.



Mohrika is a good friend of ours -- one of the teens. Sadly, though, she left for school in Uganda just before we left for holiday. She hasn't gone to school before, so we're excited to see her go, yet heartbroken because we really love her. We pooled together some pencils, erasers and clothes for her as a going-away gift. I will gladly say that this dress looks MUCH better on her than it ever did on me. Oh, and about that salute... I dunno, the Lopit do the weirdest thing in pictures. They always look super serious or make like boxers or salute like soldiers. I have no idea where that comes from, but we could hardly get her to put that arm down for a good picture.





You might remember little Pattie from a while back. This is her -- growing like a weed -- with momma Davitika and Auntie Pattie.

The baby flow hasn't stopped, of course. This is our good friend Mary and her baby, Cheri -- named after Kimmie's mom. She's a cutie. I was supposed to name our other friend's baby, but she may have had it while we were gone! I can't wait to see the little one. (And I'm praying that all of our little friends are still there when we get back this time.)




It's not all about babies. I guess this was a rather funny afternoon. Daniel and his Lopit friend were trying to coax a very stubborn cow up the mountain. I think Dan ended up pushing the thing the entire way there.

Back to babies. This is sweet little Ellen, my favorite baby from my favorite family. I have dreams that she grows up into a strong Christian woman someday. She's adorable and smiles constantly. Sometimes even the really adorable ones pee all over you when you're carrying them, though. Ewww.
Alright, that's it. Hope this works. Oh, and PLEASE give Mark a HUGE thank you for doing all this blog stuff for me -- without him, I couldn't work this thing at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment