Saturday, April 18, 2009

Laundry limbo and other lessons learned...

I’ve heard from lots of folks that marriage—especially the beginning—is a lot about learning.

And I’ve learned quite a bit so far.

For example, did you know there are different degrees of dirty?

Indeed, it’s true.

At least in this Bjerkaas household.

I noticed that Eric sometimes lays clothes so they’re half in and half out of the laundry basket. Which I found curious. (Obviously?) And so, eager to learn, I asked Eric what exactly that was about.

Apparently, that’s what he does for clothes that he considers too clean to be dirty, but too dirty to be clean. So it’s sort of like laundry in limbo.

I’ve noticed his pajamas never really get out of said limbo.

Very interesting.

Later, he explained his degrees-of-dirty philosophy about dishes.

I’d noticed some dishes I’d put in the sink had come back out of the sink and later came back to the sink dirty still, just in a different way. But I didn’t said anything. I figured things would reveal themselves in time. And indeed they did. Without prompting.

In Eric’s opinion, I should leave dishes sit longer before I wash them, to give him more opportunity to reuse and redirty them (differently). He’s very clever, that Eric. His bachelorhood made him very wise and resourceful.

I love marriage, and I love learning from my husband. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ma Clinard9:26 AM

    I'm all for recycling and reusing, BUT dishes? Really? Andi.

    ReplyDelete