
Saturday, I ate ice cream for breakfast. It was awesome.
We had the day off and Jen, Kim, Matt, Craig and I got on the road ridiculously early so we could spend as much time as possible in Nairobi. And in this case, time was translated in meals. Just how much could we EAT in Nairobi?
Hence my vanilla milkshake for breakfast. And intense omelet. (That was darn near good, not just “African good”—my term for things that are bad relative to the States, but good relative to rice and beans.) Pizza for lunch. Some awesome… egg thingie for dinner. And lots of chocolate.
Here’s my new mentality. The scales here are all metric. This is important, because I have no concept of the metric system. Saturday, I weighed 50 kilos. I don’t even know what that means. It’s probably up from my normal weight, so I’m going to ignore it. Fifty kilos sounds way better than any number of pounds, any day. It’s so much more manageable.
And so I’ll continue to eat.
Our weekend wasn’t all about eating, though, I swear. We were involved in some ministry Sunday morning; I’ll tell you about it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment