Another one of our teammates, Craig, got here yesterday. He’s from Australia—the first Aussie to be on a TIMO team, no less. He’s a pretty cool guy. We’ll meet Cath—another teammate, from South Africa—on Friday or Saturday, but it will be nearly a month before we are united with the rest of our team.
We might not know each other, but the devil certainly has each one of us marked. From the very onset, he’s been working to gain a foothold among the three (and now four) of us who are here. I can feel myself being unusually easily annoyed or frustrated, focusing on the differences between us, especially with one of our teammates in particular. Kim and I talked about this today, because she really had a rough go of things with a teammate before.
Did you know that the number one reason missionaries leave the mission field is other missionaries? Yeah. Crazy, isn’t it? But it’s a very easy way for the devil to work. He’s not a dumb guy. (I hate when Christians—especially me—forget that the devil is very real, just as real as Christ, and we share this world with him. He lurks; let us not be ready!)
And so we’re not going to take this thing lightly. God has really but a heavy burden on my heart to pray for all of our teammates and for our time together. I’d appreciate your prayers to, as team unity is so critical to having an effective ministry. And bad relationships are not God-honoring!
No comments:
Post a Comment