Thursday, July 06, 2006

Greetings again from Nairobi! This might be my last post before we take off to Machakos, but I wanted to tell you about a really sweet place we went to today called The Carnivore.

A disclaimer: It's totally a touristy, nzungu place. Totally. But that doesn't mean it's not great.

True to the name, it's all about meat. You just sit there as these men with giant sword things come by and offer you the strange meat they have on the swords. (Hopefully you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about from these pictures.)



It was so incredibly awesome. I ate ostrich and camel and crocodile and lamb and beef and chicken and... chicken gizzard. Oh my goodness, that's SO DISGUSTING. But I was going all out. Reason didn't kick in. Anyway, the camel and ostrich were incredible. And the crocodile wasn't half bad when you added some of the many wonderful sauces they offered.





This is Craig (the Aussie) and I, eating like it's our job. We took some really sweet video. I wish I could share it with you.

This is all the meat cooking on the coals. It was a meat-eaters dream. YUM.

Alright, I don't have much time. Have to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment