Oh, gracious, it’s been a while since I’ve written, hey? Sorry about that. I’ve had about a million things to write about, too.
Let’s see. What’s new in Lopitland?
Well, I’ve been learning a lot of culture stuff lately. No, wait. It’s more like I’ve found myself more and more confused by cultural stuff lately. But, whatever the case—I’m hopeful things will become more and more clear as time goes on and as we learn more language.
Ministry is same ol’, same ol’—still hard, still overwhelming. But God’s still keeping me through it, so that’s good.
The preschool is still just a building without a door. Dan’s still working on the door—in between the other thousand projects he has—and the curriculum is still…. Somewhere? It was supposed to come from U a week or two ago. As I see how the church is already running in a million different directions with the primary and adult classes, I wonder how the preschool is going to work out. But it’s something the community and the church has told me—and continues to tell me—they want, so I’ll keep pressing on. Pray for Lopit workers and teachers and support.
We’ve been going to the gardens a lot lately—another way to spend time with our friends. I’m not at all convinced they appreciate us being there!
There’s been a little excitement around here, with some folks coming in and raiding goats. It was actually nice, though, to see our brave Manyumiji (this, I think, is how I’m going to spell it from now on) gearing up for battle. There was no battle, but seeing how they rise to the occasion certainly makes it easier not to harbor bitterness for their apparent laziness.
My bike has been sidelined for a while. The tubes are like pincushions, and the anti-puncture slime I brought from the States is completely gone. Which pretty much means every other ride ends in a frustrating flat. Boo to that. I’m praying to somehow get supplies soon—I was really enjoying meeting the new people and even got a letter from Asia the other day.
Oh, and I was listening to my John Piper sermons the other morning and had a bit of an epiphany. I realized there was no reason I couldn’t start recording Pastor’s sermons now—just like Desiring God record’s Pipers—and clean them up on my audio editing program, so in the future when DIGUNA does get a radio station up here, we’ll have material for it, straight away. he was jazzed about it, too, so that’s cool. (A lot of the men around here have these wind-up radios that the UN or somebody distributed. They wear them around their necks as status symbols and often have them blaring a station in a language they don’t understand.)
Well, that’s a general overview, I guess. I’ll try to keep up on these from now on…
No comments:
Post a Comment