Friday, June 29, 2007

Prayer Requests

Some prayer request for you!
Rainy season has a nasty setback—malaria. Seems we’re getting into malaria season now as well, so pray the clinic can get the right meds (especially for children) and that people would actually go get the meds and take care of themselves. (Last year, we came back from vacation and Mary’s son was dead, from malaria. Franco has it now, and I couldn’t bear to lose another one of our neighbors—it’s one of my biggest fears.)

We’re working on our ethnograph papers now for the TIMO curriculum, which basically means we take a really close look at one particular part of the culture. It’s actually really a cool thing, but hard because of the language barrier—especially for us women—and the reluctance to talk about most stuff. Really digging into the culture like this could help us uncover keys for the Gospel, so be lifting that up. I’m working on death rites and funerals, so we’ll see what I uncover there.

Please be bringing our team before the throne. We’re all back now—praise God! As always, there is team unity. Then for Joshua & Co., as they readjust with baby Joy and try to get back into the language. We also have year-end evaluations soon—a chance to look back at this past year and forward at the year ahead, as well as considering options beyond TIMO. I’m excited about these.

No comments:

Post a Comment