Hmm. News from here. Where do I start?
Pattie left early this morning for Nairobi. That’s right, after five full days of the three of us being together, Pattie up and left for her holiday. How absolutely ghastly of her. ;)
She was delayed a day when her flight fell through, much to her chagrin, but that actually worked out for the better, as Kimmie came down with something terrible yesterday, and we both needed Pattie here to weather the storm. (Ahh, yes, the perfect timing of our sovereign God.) I know leaving a sick Kim behind broke poor Pattie’s heart. And what peril, to leave her behind with me. I can sometimes appear a bit of a stoic, a demeanor which doesn’t inject much confidence in the mind/heart of a feeler like Pattie Chapatti. :) But she can rest, assured—yes, Schnukums, if you’re reading this from Kijabe: rest, assured—that I’ll take good care of my dear roomie.
So now it’s me and the bum shoulder, and Kim and her bum stomach. And, oh, a whole, whole bunch of seemingly inexplicable Christmas joy. That last sentence was more forecast than fact; I’m hopeful God will choose to overwhelm our hearts and fill our mouths with rejoicing—“Hooray! Our Savior is born!” How else can we bear our burdens?
We’re a biiiiiit short on Christmas spirit ‘round these parts just now, but I’m thinking maybe I’ll spend today tending Kimmie and making Christmas cookies, just to try to turn the tide toward merriment. :) That is, if I can rustle up enough charcoal…
In other news, Cath, Martin & Co. are halfway through putting on a Christmas drama in the villages. I haven’t been yet, but the traveling troupe comes to our village today. Heinrich put together a Christmas tract (in Lopit) to pass out to the monyemiji, so that’s exciting, too.
I think that’s it for now!
Pattie left early this morning for Nairobi. That’s right, after five full days of the three of us being together, Pattie up and left for her holiday. How absolutely ghastly of her. ;)
She was delayed a day when her flight fell through, much to her chagrin, but that actually worked out for the better, as Kimmie came down with something terrible yesterday, and we both needed Pattie here to weather the storm. (Ahh, yes, the perfect timing of our sovereign God.) I know leaving a sick Kim behind broke poor Pattie’s heart. And what peril, to leave her behind with me. I can sometimes appear a bit of a stoic, a demeanor which doesn’t inject much confidence in the mind/heart of a feeler like Pattie Chapatti. :) But she can rest, assured—yes, Schnukums, if you’re reading this from Kijabe: rest, assured—that I’ll take good care of my dear roomie.
So now it’s me and the bum shoulder, and Kim and her bum stomach. And, oh, a whole, whole bunch of seemingly inexplicable Christmas joy. That last sentence was more forecast than fact; I’m hopeful God will choose to overwhelm our hearts and fill our mouths with rejoicing—“Hooray! Our Savior is born!” How else can we bear our burdens?
We’re a biiiiiit short on Christmas spirit ‘round these parts just now, but I’m thinking maybe I’ll spend today tending Kimmie and making Christmas cookies, just to try to turn the tide toward merriment. :) That is, if I can rustle up enough charcoal…
In other news, Cath, Martin & Co. are halfway through putting on a Christmas drama in the villages. I haven’t been yet, but the traveling troupe comes to our village today. Heinrich put together a Christmas tract (in Lopit) to pass out to the monyemiji, so that’s exciting, too.
I think that’s it for now!
Hi Andi,
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!!
Hope your cookies came out great....sent pumpkin bread over to the Clinard's and a few other goodies. Your Mom has promised cinnamon rolls!! Hmmm..that should kill the diet for 2008! God Bless you and keep you safe!!
Chuck & Carol