Monday, December 10, 2007

On Field Media...

Part of our TIMO curriculum is what the folks at En Gedi call "Month Out." It's where we leave Lopitland for a month and join another ministry somewhere for a month.

The point? I think it's two-fold.

First, we use what we've learned on TIMO to look at this ministry in a new way. We're not supposed to evaluate it, per se, but we can look at it in a new way.

Second, TIMO is heralded as a "two-year foundation for a lifetime of ministry." So, during these two years we're supposed to build a ministry philosophy and figure out what kind of missions work is best suited for us and the gifts God has given us. What better way to figure something like that out than to pair up with a ministry we think might work?

Our Month Out is in February/March, and I'll actually be based in Nairobi (drat!) and joining up with the fellas over at AIM's new On Field Media team. AIM's PR guy in NY, Andy, tossed the idea of the team my direction when I first went out for Candidate Week in the summer of 2005. Then, it was a proposal; now, it's a reality. Ted & Co. open shop in September and have hit the ground running.

I can't wait to see what Month Out with OFM is like. These guys have the same heart I do for connecting people and declaring God's glory through it.

I dropped by when I was here last, just to say hello and get acquainted. I actually left the office whimpering a bit. I told them I'd put together a dinky little video for TIMO, so we skimmed it. Then they put on their Psalm 40 video (available on the Web site). I'm way out of my league here. I can only pray I can offer in words what they've done in video.

No comments:

Post a Comment