Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Happenings…

What a queer, queer Christmas this is turning out to be. Hahaha.

We left the house at 10:17 a.m. for a church service set to start at 9… and we still got there very, very early, all things considered. I think things got started about 11:30ish. That’s Africa!

And, as expected, the church really filled up right as Joshua’s fired-up message was finishing. You see, the church slaughters a cow each year for Christmas, and that’s basically what draws people down the mountain—free food. (In this way, I see the Lopit a lot like university students.) But the joke was on them this year. There was some confusion and the cow was spared to live another day. Haha.

Now we’re back at the house. Kim’s sick and under orders from Doris to drink a glass of water every half hour. So we’re reclining with 2L pitchers in our laps, drinking Kool-Aid with straws. It’s become a bit of a drill. One of us hollers “water,” and we slurp until we simply can’t take it anymore.


Things got a lot better just now, thanks to a whole tray of rotten eggs. Kim got the incredible idea of shooting them over our fence with a slingshot. This girl really has streaks of genius. I’ll let you come to your own conclusions about how fun that was, and how things may or may not have taken a few bad turns.

This is how I’m spending Christmas this year. So weird.

Merry Christmas!


You can probably imagine that some of my eggs didn't go so far, considering I don't really have a puller on my right arm... At least it was good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment