Monday, February 27, 2006

Blah.

Last week I finally sent out support letters to some of my good friends. I took the time to carefully give my pictures on some of the the brochures ridiculous mustaches, glasses and other assorted accessories (often some sort of food product, like ice cream or pizza). I hope that this attention to detail speaks to the hearts of my would-be supporters.

Whatever the case, it was fun for me.

What was not fun for me was this weekend. Blah. Just a horrible weekend. I worked until 6 a.m. Saturday morning and it just went downhill from there (with a brief hiatus from horribleness for the Illinois/Iowa game) until I capped it off with another late night at work from Sunday early evening to 4 a.m. Monday morning. And, yes, Saturday was my stupid birthday. I turned 23. See previous post about life crisis. And Sunday at work not only did the reporters not get their Saturday night stuff to me until just after midnight MONDAY MORNING, I had to work with Sexual Harrassment Boy.

Have I talked about Kyle on here? I have no idea. He's this creepy 24-year-old guy who is a part-timer for sports but is in there constantly, talking and talking. And often he's talking about which high school female athletes are hot. Or how hot I look in what I'm wearing or with my hair down and why don't I leave it down? And why don't I wear that one sweater he likes? I don't remember which one? Well, he'll just have to come go through my closet and show me then. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He is the poster child for sexual harassment. But he's "just being Kyle," as far as The Times is concerned, and I'd be the Sports Department Jerkface if I brought a sexual harassment lawsuit down on him. But UGH he just makes my skin crawl.

Praise God that I get my wisdom teeth out Wednesday and won't have to work for a couple days. These 6-day, 50+ hour weeks are too much for me to handle when you add in all the other The Times hoopla, especially Kyle.

And I'm whining. Honestly, I think I've made grumpy my lifestyle this weekend. I've been struggling with work and how I react to it for some time now. I think I've been focusing too much on that reaction, what I'm doing. Last night I was reading "God is the Gospel" by John Piper and he was talking about how when we focus on Christ, we will become more like him. And so I'm going to stop looking just at myself (selfish, selfish, selfish) and start beholding Christ... and pray I'm transformed from there.

"And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment