Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'm so flash.

I realized on my way home from work this morning that I could very easily devote an entire blog -- as in, not just one entry -- to what certain food it is that I'm craving each day.

FYI: Right now, I really want Pita Pit.

In other, perhaps more interesting news, I applied for my passport today. (I guess this is a good thing to have, considering the aforementioned airline reservation.) As soon as that comes through, I'll get to working on my Kenya visa, then finally my Sudan visa. It all seems a little crazy. But, really, it all still seems really far off, so I'll spare you the ramblings about how excited I am.

Did I mention I've been in contact with more of my teammates? Well, I have. I already know Kim from the States. She's a lot like me in that she wants to know everything right now and is really stoked. 'sreallyexcited. And Jen, who's down-to-earth and a nurse and loves the Red Sox. But now there's Cath from South Africa. She's 29, has been doing the missions thing for a while and seems cool. There's Craig from Australia. He's 21, a runner and "sport" addict and seems "flash."

I'm also learning new vocabulary as my foreign team members write their emails. Like how you like "sport" -- singular? -- as opposed to "sports." And this "flash" business just boggles me. I'm not sure of the usage, but I do know that Craig is "not so flash at basketball." Clearly, I'm going to try to incorporate these new words into my vocabulary as much as possible. I may even use an Aussie accent. I bet that'll be "flash" of me. (I hope you're laughing, Craig.)

I need to get hopping on my support raising. I'm being a baby about it. *sigh*

Alright, I think that's all I've got. Just another lame update.

But, wow, don't cucumbers sound SO good right now??

No comments:

Post a Comment