Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Currently eating grapes.

Today as I was driving home from work, I had one of those "Wow, I'm really going to Africa" moments. I was thinking about the Lost Boys I've read about and how they were forced to flee their villages without notice, with just the clothes they had on their backs and what they happened to have with them. I remember one of those boys had only red boxer shorts his dad had given him.

And so that got me to thinking about what that situation would be like -- the unlikely event that I'm forced to evacuate and go on the run. And strangely enough, my thoughts didn't stay long on what I'd eat or how I'd get clean water, but quickly strayed to... just how long I'd have to go without clean underwear.

And so my "Wow, I'm really going to Africa" moment turned into a "Wow, I'm really pathetic" moment.

And now you know.

;)


Stuff to pray for:
  • The situation at work. Just when you think it can't get worse... *sigh* Pray for me to be a good witness and for all of us not to fall apart/go crazy/kill each other under the pressure. And pray for wisdom for our management.
  • Self-discipline. I'm feeling the crunch of having only 20% of my support four months before I leave. Pray God would give me the discipline to work diligently toward my support goals.
  • Supporters. Pray God would open up peoples' hearts to his people in Africa, that they would want to partner with me as I go to Sudan to share the Good News. And pray that I actually approach and ask these people (and stop being a pansy about it).
  • Praise. For the fellowship I get when I visit churches. For hanging out with K-Dog and Lees and the Canales clan and other cool people this past weekend. For my family. For the folks who've already decided to support me in prayer and finances. For God and his sovereignty. Aaaaaand, for cookie dough (yum).

On that note (well, the note a few notes ago), if ya'll can think of anyone who might be interested in helping me on my way, totally let me know. I just need names of folks who love Jesus or churches who love Jesus. I want to give them the opportunity to be a part of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment