Note to self: Don't leave a semi-depressing blog, then not post for a few days. Whoops.
I took a few days off to fast and pray and reeeeelax, and it's done me some good, praise God. The good Lord helped me defuse some lies and I'm at least to the point of refusing to take others at face-value. I'm hoping I grow more in this as time goes on... and I avoid any intense backsliding like I've been experiencing the past couple weeks.
Forgot to mention another really cool church visit I had this weekend. I was at Spring Valley United Church of Christ. The deacons arranged a little soup brunch thing (I love when I struggle for words like that, and inevitably just jumble lots of them together with the hope of clarity) for the congregation while I talked some about my trip. The best part was that Pastor Chuck intentionally allowed for time that I could just chat with people, get to know them, answer their questions. I met some cool folks and had some yummy food.
God really had my heart excited about going there, so I pray the people were impressed by His work and the need in Sudan and would be moved to join my team in prayer and finances. I went in specifically praying for five families -- that's a lot! -- to come along side me. So far, there's none. But I'm not going to stop praying.
In other news, I can't walk. I went a little hardcore in my spinning class Tuesday and was really paying for it today. Honestly, my legs feel like tight rubberbands; they just snap around painfully and uncontrollably when I walk. The one positive here is that my inability to move correctly has given me yet another reason not to clean my room, which is in quite a sad state right now.
In more other news, I went to the Illini game tonight with my dad. (The aforementioned walking problem was particularly apparent/painful as we climbed the stairs to the C section.) I found myself very ruffled at the fact that the band decided to go with some weird Aloha! Hawiian theme. You wear orange inside Assembly Hall, people. Come on. Whatever the band's attire, the Illini won. It wasn't pretty, but at least a few of the dunks were beautiful.
Alright, I'm off to read. I'm reading this great book by John Piper, "God is the Gospel." It's helping me toward a whole new perspective toward the Gospel and glorifying God in missions. It's amazing how innately self-centered we are, even in our worship of and relationship with God. But more on that some other time...
No comments:
Post a Comment