
Andy and I got miserably out of place on our way to a service put on by Pastor Steve on Sunday. I'm hesitant to say "lost" because we decided there are about a million other people we could blame or excuses we could make as to why we drove around for nearly three hours and ended up on the completely opposite side of Nairobi than we were supposed to be on.
Whatever the case, we did finally get there, and Pastor Steve gave a really great sermon. (I'll put up the podcast when we get it uploaded.) It was really moving. But what was sad was that it didn't seem to reach the ears of the students of the school we were at. So that's a shame. It broke my heart and sort of made me want to cry.
But, anyway, the message was about forgiveness. And this guy has quite the message to give, as he's living out forgiveness at this very moment. (I'll link to that story when it gets uploaded somewhere, too...) He ended it by washing the principal's and some of the students' feet. He says part of true forgiveness is servanthood. But you can hear that from him, when I get the audio and text up.

Until then, all I've got is these pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment