Thursday, February 14, 2008

In the Media...

Well, I should check in about the media team stuff.

It’s going well. A little slow for me, since I don’t have many video skills and pretty much the whole focus is on video.

And I can be the laughing stock of the office when we get to talking about cameras—I have a Canon Rebel; they all have superior Nikons—or computers—I have a PC in a Mac-dominated field. Curse the tech guy who told me not to get a MacBook because of the ill-fated slot-fed DVD drive and tech support. Bad man! And it figures my Dell has been acting up lately, perhaps just to embarrass me more thoroughly…

So, I’m pretty much the one with few very skills and not much talent that’s applicable to what they’re doing right now. If I had my way, I’d just pop around East Africa for the next three weeks, find some untold stories and tell them. Write them. I have this list of things I want to do while I’m single. Among some other more lofty goals is the goal to tell the stories of three missionaries in Africa. I’m not sure I’ll get to do that now. Guess I’ll have to check that one off later.

But, I’m still learning a lot, and that’s sweet. And the fellas are really nice.

And I got to meet this guy and write about him. (He’s the foot-washing guy.) I’m not so happy with this article, but you can’t love everything you write, right? Otherwise, what would you rewrite? And, if you want to read more.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure I’m the fastest typer in the office. So, at least I’ve got that… something near the status of a glorified secretary…
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment