I think it’s some unwritten rule that all singles should loathe Valentine’s Day.
Perhaps then against all odds, I had a pretty good day.
First, I got text messages from Jen today—that’s right, messages, as in two—during an OFM meeting—with Mr. TIMO, no less—informing me that she had “made a most excellent discovery.” Namely, Nakumatt was selling Oreos. This, my friends, never happens. Imagine—Oreos!
Second, upon my trip to partake in said excellent discovery myself, I witnessed a man in the till next to me—a grown man, mind you—with a ginormous (and I’m talking like the size of a small elephant) bright red, utterly gaudy, ridiculously obnoxious stuffed bear. You know, the kind with the white stomach and a big satin heart sown on that says “I love you.” Oh wow. I might have stared and grinned a little (despite my best efforts not to, of course).
It reminded me a bit of a boyfriend I had in high school and his tendency to go way overboard with cheesy gifts. I think that’s one of the reasons I eventually gave him the boot. If you think that’s bad, consider that once I wouldn’t date a handsome, guitar-playing, Christian surfer boy because I couldn’t bear that I knew more about football than he did. Oh, Mother, forgive me…
Anyway, that was like icing on the Oreo cookie cake. Top it off with the Snickers bar and Diet Coke I had for dinner, and I’m one very content single woman, Valentine’s Day and all.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment