Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Running on sunshine...

I got see Pattie yesterday. It was pretty great. I had to patiently wait my turn to hug her ‘cause Kim got to her first. Pattie’s still a lot taller than me, which means I still feel pretty awkward when I have to stand on my tiptoes to make up the difference. Guess I oughta get used to that. I don’t see a growth spurt in my future. And it’s unlikely Pattie will start to shrink.

I digress…

You know, I think yesterday was an all-star kind of day. We dropped by the international services office at the hangar, and everybody who was anybody was there. Including, by not limited to, our core favorites from DIGUNA. Chanda, obviously. (Chanda, by his very nature, is everywhere.) And then Kurt and Hannah, who oversee the DIGUNA region that includes Sudan. We hardly ever get to see them, so we were pretty gleeful when we just happened upon them. (You remember when I went on and on about people bringing us cheese so long ago? That’s them.) We just love them. Really do. And they don’t seem to mind us.

(Apparently, it’s not uncommon for Germans to be repulsed by Americans. At least that’s what Daniel tells me all the time.)

Anyway, after a hard morning, it was like rays of sunshine each time we saw a familiar face. And it was something like home to sit down with them for lunch at Java House. It really was a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment