Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Treasure Chest

Did I tell you I got Christmas packages on my birthday? I did, didn’t I? Probably. But maybe you forgot. I tried to forget. And it was working. Until today.

It all went crashing down today.

I think it was the Nerds that broke me. All sitting there in the box that I tried to hide from myself. I was trying to save all this yummy stuff for Sudan, when comfort food isn’t readily available and there’s three of us always ready for comforting, you know?

I just got so much nice stuff, that’s the problem. Kool-Aid packets and chocolate Santas and popcorn seasoning and this mini pizza kit with fake cheese and Hersheys and Slim-Fast noodles (hehe) and taco seasoning and hot chocolate and TUNA and CHICKEN and easy cheese and a super adorable shirt that I wore for my birthday and… and… and… just all sorts of wonderful stuff.

Oh, and garlic salt. Which I’m clearly going to have to fight Jen tooth-and-nail for.

And, yes, OK, fine. I did just use this as an excuse to peak into the box at all my treasures.

But, come on! You’ve got to understand!

It’s like letting a little kid open up all his Christmas gifts… then making him put them away in a tempting box in the corner of his room. A box with Nerds that call to him. For a month. It’s just like that.

No, no. Worse! It IS that. Exactly that. Only that (apparently) I’m not a little kid, I’m 25 (or something).

But someone should really tell the Nerds that… before they DRIVE ME CRAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment