Friday, March 28, 2008

Movie Night(s)

So, Kim and I are pretty good friends with the lady at the movie rental place nearby.

Today, she tells us we should really go out at night, not just go home and watch movies. She says we need to go meet people, have a few drinks ("even just coffee!"), hang out, make friends.

It's important at this point to remember that her job is to rent out movies. That's how she makes a living.

And she's telling us to give up on the movies and get a life. What a painful critique of our lifestyle.

But that's not all we do for fun. Why, just today I dewormed myself. That sure was fun. And I'm reading a book, "Frugal Living for Dummies." Also fun. Financial and fun.

And, honestly, I'm sick of having fun. Our vacation is over, and now we're just stuck in Nairobi until some team issues shake themselves out and we're cleared by TIMO to go back into Lopitland. So, I'm trying to "work" as much as possible--studying language, reading curriculum books, doing what I can for the media team.

I'd prefer my mud house to this stinky city any day. But, it's true, I wouldn't mind if there was a movie rental place in Lopitland... Maybe I am as pathetic as she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment