One of the things I’ve learned out here on TIMO, and in my Christian life in general, is that I need margins in my life—that I need to set aside time to not be trying to be everything to everyone, time to spend alone and time especially to spend in the Word and in communion with my Savior.
Way back in the Spring, I was considering all that, and I told myself I wasn’t going to let things get crazy when I got home—that I was going to give myself margins in my getting home and try to ease back into life.
You can probably guess how that’s been going for me, now that my Africa days are ending and the wave of America is gathering force.
In short, I think I’ve got something every weekend through October. Hahaha.:)
This is just how furlough goes for missionaries, it seems. Though I suppose I’m not getting much of an official “furlough,” since I’m switching horses from AIM to CCCI pretty quickly and will be spending a lot of time telling folks not only about where I’ve been, but about where God is taking me. It’s actually pretty exciting, but it won’t come without its stressors.
So, as you’re sitting there at home and thinking, “Golly, Andi’s not in Lopit anymore, how in the world are we going to pray for her?!?!?!” consider praying for…
- All the scheduling to fall into place for sharing with churches and ministries.
- My Jesus Film training in September and the funds I need for it.
- Getting to spend quality time with my family and my home church, despite the busy schedule.
- Finding a cheap but reliable car, ASAP.
- Being a blessing to the churches and people who’ve been such a blessing for me, and…
- Switching gears to gathering ministry partners and supporters for going fulltime into Jesus Film!
And, if you’re one of those people or churches or organizations who’d like to hear from me about Lopit or come alongside me for Jesus Film, drop me a line, so we can chisel out a day to hang out. :)
I've been following and enjoying your blog a lot. In Kaabong you would holler over a milkweek or rock "Ati!" (Whoever or Whatsyerface) and whoever or whatstheirface yells back "Whoa!". Your post reminded me of that.
ReplyDeleteI know you're not back permanently- BUT if you need somone to chat to- throw me a line and I'll give you my number or give you a call. I met Kelli S. on line and she was a huge encouragment that I was normal with how I was coping back in the land of everyday showers and flushes and unharsh encounters.
Hope it's a good trip!
Georgia