Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The end.

One of the final parts of our debrief was to share with each person the ways we saw they were gifted or how God used them. It seemed a little cheesy at first, the idea of structured affirmation. But when the time came around, it was such a blessing.

 

It was also the particular time that all the reality of it being our last day decided to rush upon me, full force. It got to Heinrich and Doris and I darn near lost it.

 

First it hit my nose, then it shook my hands and my voice, and stubbornly welled up in my eyes. And, naturally, I was furious, to be reduced to whimpering and sniffling.

 

I just kept thinking, “It’s never going to be the same.”

 

Nearly all the support network I’ve had for two years, gone literally overnight.

 

Ugh.

 

I guess TIMO is officially over. I’ve got a mug and a certificate telling me that’s the case. Undeniable now, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment