I just watched my two bags bob down the mountain out of my view, on the heads of two of our Lopit friends.
Who, I needn’t mention, are by far our superiors in strength. Especially in neck strength. Who knew there even was such a thing, “neck strength”? You should see them, wobbling but comfortable under 23kgs of actionpacker. Look Ma, no hands. Unbelievable.
I’m writing to you now from a mostly empty room, with just enough things to get me through a week—a moo-moo to wear and give away at the end of each day.
Prrrrreetty crazy.
The lasts are coming. We’ve had our last team day. Soon, I’ll have my last bike ride before I clean her up for Cath. If the clouds ever clear enough, Kim and I will enjoy our last afternoon at the “river.” Our last church service is on Sunday, a big farewell shindig which I’m sure will be a highlight. And long. Very, very long.
Our friends are starting to come to sit and watch us pack and clean. Asking again, just to make clear, if Kim and I are really not coming back. They can look forward to seeing Pattie again, come next May. And, in general, the team is tying up loose preparing to either spend long periods away or close out their Lopit life entirely.
No comments:
Post a Comment