I think the most comforting thing the re-entry books told me was that it was natural and not altogether bad to, as your time closes before furlough, begin to think more of matters at home and find yourself straddling two worlds.
My mind certainly is a battlefield to competing focuses these days, as we try to close out strong here and prepare for a healthy transition back home.
This bit where I’m trying to leave one mission organization and jump onboard another is especially trying. I told ya’ll that I’d got acceptance for the Jesus Film Travel Team (woohoo!). They’re hoping I’ll be able to go to an abbreviated training week at the beginning of September. And, oh, it’ll require $3,000 in support. My jaw dropped on that one, hahaha. Guess I’m going to have to cowboy up and run with all I’ve got. You know, start acting young and resilient, not like an old, aching woman. :)
I thought that trusting God to provide the support before I came out here was difficult. I never realized how hard it would be to trust him in all the details as I came back home. I suppose God’s asking me to drop my tendency to plan and organize some and just… go with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment