Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Angry chameleon...

So, like I said, I’ve been pouring over footage from Lopitland for the past three days.

And in doing that, I realized something: The Lopit people are really angry and bossy folk.

Now, this isn’t something that escaped my notice before—they’re notoriously confrontational, yellering folks. But it just became more prominent in my notice, because I was mindful that the guys were in the office and they’d come in every now and then to look at what I’d got.

And then, a worse realization, as I was also mindful that I was leaving the footage with them and they might go through it later. This realization: Our team has adapted and in some ways adopted that rough, short way of interacting.

Things that are perfectly OK in Lopit culture would be seen as terrible rude in others. Others like, my own. So, yikes. Gonna have to make sure I don’t come back a crazy old yelling lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment