Today has been crazy. Absolutely crazy.
About 8 this morning, I found out there were no flights going into Sudan after tomorrow morning. If I didn't jump on the itty-bitty 206 going into LH tomorrow, I'd be stuck in Kenya until sometime next week. Shiver.
But that meant leaving Nairobi for Loki at one in the afternoon TODAY, so I could catch that first-light flight.
And I wasn't done with the video yet.
And there wasn't any power where I was.
And the laundry I'd turned in yesterday at Mayfield was still sopping wet (because the power had been out since the previous afternoon, and it's wet/cold here).
And I had a million little loose ends I needed to tie up before leaving back for home.
And I needed a shower.
And, again, I wasn't done with the stinkin' video yet.
So, hence, a day of running and craziness and passionately (but silently) pleading with Kenyan taxi drivers to catch my urgency. And a day of being thankful for Chanda and Christian, for making it possible to get in the air when I was meant to. And a day that just finished with a flury, as I pounded out a prayer letter and down a cold soda--my last for a while!--at 748 in Loki.
And now it's back into Sudan, bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to be back where I belong, with my team and my village, and focus on finishing well there.
(Oh, and I finished the video. So, mission accomplished.)
No comments:
Post a Comment