Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Plane ol' childish...

I think there’s a bit of little-kid-ness that life and old age is yet to beat out of me.

For example, I flew out of Sudan this weekend on a Caravan plane, and I got to sit co-pilot. And there were so many little buttons and bells and whistles and magical-looking things. And since the pilot guy hooked me up with a super-cool headset, he allowed me to use one of said knobs—the volume. (I’ll pause, while you exclaim your awe.)

You can picture me in my little-kid-ness, silently wanting to push all the buttons.

Instead, I just asked a plethora of questions. Lucky for me, the pilot was a cool guy and humored me.

Oh, I should connect this to a more important bit of information—I’m in Nairobi to put together a video for our TIMO team and the AIM Australia office. I figure one of the things I’ve learned on TIMO is that God has gifted me to do indirect ministry—practical stuff, etc.—and so I should seize the opportunity to do just that as I finish up in Lopit.

So, I tried to hit the ground running and have spent many an hour already behind Andy’s Mac, trying to bust something out. Pray that I’ll suddenly be blessed with video-specific skills and creativity—both of which I’m sorely lacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment